Saturday 7 March 2009

How to be a Spontaneous Singer/Songwriter

by flippedcanvas, Mar 7, 2009

A few tips on my idea of finding ground of thoughts over the music essence.

Right when someone asks me ''Al how did you come up with this idea for this song?'' The answer is rather simple, I fuel my mondane life's activity into a spiral sense of creativity in a way that something like i.e. They would want me to go and find my way of doing my job that can also become an element of a song perhaps more linked to a possible chorus the melody or verse can be an overlayed rifle of many random thoughts that somehow connect to the above underlined sentence.

I guess the best and most interesting way that I find a song from my heart and soul is when I begin strumming my guitars when all in the sudden totally improptu sentences explode from my mind, in this specific trance-ish moment I play this song as it comes and record on mini disk or play and transcribe over a writing pad.

When it comes to songwriting the majority of the folks all over the world they seem to forget an important factor: a song is more of a rough playful colored canvas than a poem, never I'd try to sit down and force my very mind to write lines out the thoughts have gotta set through instantly just like meeting a pal of mine and just do the talk with no limits so the song should be.

When is it best to let this mind free of so many ideas? Perhaps after a hard time at work, with dealing with family chores, with the departure of a parent whether that is a death of them or not seeing us for a while, a stimulating chat with a friend work coolegue and/or a customer, a journey to a certain diverse town city and country, whatever the idea comes from has gotta be honest. In my whole world I'd never be able to compose a truely happy song usually songs come to me in a pretty ironic sarcastic and dark contents but then I'm able to filter with the sound of my voice these emotions/state of the mind and boom somehow a happy tone of my voice come accross. There's obviously lot more to write but by now I believe you've got a clue of what I'm saying to you....... 

Here's a chance of listening to some of my tunes:

http://www.myspace.com/flippedcanvas

http://www.authspot.com/Journals/How-to-be-a-Spontaneous-SingerSongwriter.577007

4 comments:

  1. Hey there. Interesting post. I used to write songs a few years back and had a lot of writers block. I found that just before I went to sleep was when all the ideas flowed, very strange : )

    -M
    Thanks for the post on my page:
    http://thetvreviewsite.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it doesn't come natural, you're not a writer, right?
    Mine will just hit out of the blue. It comes to me like a wave. When I get it written down, it's done. I don't go back and try to change it in any way.
    Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow.. very inspiring post... ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, this is a good issue, and to be followed your blog but I can hardly read the text because it is written in blue and use thicker letters, so it is difficult to read, you can look at my blog and maybe find something that interests you, bay bay

    ReplyDelete